The following terms apply to all accommodation bookings, reservations and deposits for accommodation
1. DEPOSIT POLICY the booking will only be considered confirmed once the Hotel is in receipt of the deposit I.e. your credit or debit card will be processed with a deposit charge or your cheque has been cleared with our bankers. All deposits are fully refundable upon written cancellation if received no less than 14 days prior to arrival. Deposit for all classification of room is £80.00 per room booked.
2. ARRIVING AFTER 6.00pm reservations are held for guest’s arrival by 6.00pm. In the event of non-arrival by 6.00pm rooms may, at the Hotel’s discretion, be released for resale unless either: The room has been guaranteed with a deposit (see 1 above) or the Client with the Hotel before 6.00pm has confirmed late arrival on the day of arrival. An Agent may guarantee a booking on behalf of a Client but the Client and Agent will then be joint and severally liable for one night’s accommodation if the Client fails to arrive.
A. Amendments must be made to the Hotel at least 4 days prior to the arrival date.
B. Amendments to reservations are subject to availability.
C. Cancellations made 4 - 0 days of the arrival date will charged the first nights accommodation rate in full, per room booked.
D. Cancellations made on a reservation guaranteed with a deposit less than 14 days prior to arrival will result in the loss of deposit without exception. If a cancellation is made in advance of 14 days the deposit will be refunded in full.
E. If a stay is shortened for any reason during your stay, the full accommodation costs will be charged without exception.
F.Failure to arrive on the agreed date will be subject to the full accommodation charge being made to the credit or debit card that the initial booking was guaranteed with.
4. PAYMENT AND DISPUTES you are required to pay your bill in full on departure. Failure to do so could result in criminal or civil proceedings against you. If you have a complaint you can discuss this with the Duty Manager, however, you must pay your bill in full prior to leaving. The Hotel is under no obligation to make reductions to your bill, any refunds are at the total discretion of the General Manager who will make a decision having considered your written complaint, the complaint this process will be concluded within 14 days of receipt of your letter.
1. CHILDREN; two children under the age of 16 may stay in their parent’s room. A charge per child, inclusive of breakfast, will be made. All other meals will be charged as taken (please kindly note that should families with children under 12 wish to dine in Beresford's our Restaurant, they will be asked to make a booking before 7.00pm). A Children’s menu is available on request. Children under 2 are accommodated in their parent’s room free of charge and a cot will be provided if requested at an additional charge per night.
2. PETS; dogs may be allowed strictly at the discretion of the Hotel Management and an additional charge per dog per day will be added to your account; we allow a maximum of 2 dogs per room per day. Dogs are not allowed in any of the Hotel’s public areas at any time. While entering and leaving the Hotel dogs must be kept on a lead and under control. A deep clean charge of £150.00 will be added to your bill if the dog has been allowed onto the bed, or the room is deemed unsuitable for further guests after a normal clean.
3. SERVICE CHARGES; A discretionary 10% service charge will be added to all Beresford's bills. Please note the Hotel does not keep any gratuities, all gratuities are paid out to our staff.
4. VACATING BEDROOMS; must be by 11.00am on the day of departure. Failure to vacate a bedroom by 11.00am on the day of departure will result in a standard late check out charge of £25.00 being added to your account. Rooms are normally available from 3.00pm on the day of arrival.
5. KEY CARDS; must be returned to the reception desk prior to departure. The Hotel reserves the right to charge £5.00 to any guest failing to return their key card prior to departure, refundable only if the key is returned to us.
6. DAMAGE; the customer shall be responsible for any and all damage caused to the allocated rooms or the furnishings, utensils, equipment and to any other property of the Hotel and/or its grounds - by an act, default or neglect of the customer and shall pay the Hotel on demand the amount required to make good or remedy the damage. In the case of sickness a minimum charge of £70.00 will be added to your bill, if this does not cover the cost of specialist cleaning or replacement the additional specialist cleaning cost or replacement cost will be charged to the Client.
SMOKING is strictly prohibited in all hotel bedrooms and Public Rooms, Guest will incur a further charge up to and including a full nights stay if this room cannot be resold on subsequent nights.
7. METHOD OF PAYMENT; we accept all major credit cards. Certain Debit cards cost the Hotel more to process and we therefore reserve the right to add a 2.5% surcharge to bills being settled by such cards. We also accept cheques when supported by a cheque guarantee card covering the amount of the cheque.
8. CREDIT TERMS; credit facilities are not offered on individual accommodation bookings. In the case of a pre-existing credit facility, all invoices must be settled in full within 14 days from the date of the invoice. Note this is only applicable to customers with existing and established credit facilities.
9. TARIFFS; confirmed prices cannot be changed or transferred to promotional or discounted rates that may exist from time to time. All charges quoted are inclusive of current customs and excise duties, the hotel reserves the right to amend charges in line with changes in duties applicable at the time of purchase. VAT is currently charged at 20%.
10. REFURBISHMENT WORK; from time to time refurbishment work is carried out to upgrade the Hotel’s facilities; this may result in certain facilities/amenities not being available. The Hotel reserves the right to carry out maintenance work without prior notice to Clients.
11. ROOM REQUESTS; the Hotel reserves the right to change room allocations without notice due to operational reasons. As a result the Hotel will provide a room of equivalent or superior grade (subject to availability).
12. FORCE MAJEURE; if the Hotel is prevented or hindered from carrying out its obligations here under by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including (without prejudice to the generality the foregoing) government intervention, strikes, labor disputes, accidents, Acts of God, national or local disasters or war, then the Hotel's liability to the Client shall be no greater than the amount paid to the Hotel by the Client in respect of the accommodation. If for any reasons beyond the Hotel's reasonable control the accommodation reserved cannot be made available to the Client the Hotel reserves the right to substitute similar or comparable accommodation and such a substitution shall be accepted by the Clients as satisfactory performance by the Hotel of its obligations hereunder to provide the accommodation reserved. Note – at peak times it may not be possible to book suitable alternative accommodation, under these circumstances the Hotel’s liability will be strictly limited to the return of the deposit or pre-payment made.
All the above information was correct at the time of printing, and is subject to change without notice.