Terms & Conditions (amended January 2018)
All the information was correct at the time of printing, and is subject to change without notice.
The Hotel requires a deposit to secure all room bookings made via our website or telephone. A minimum of £80 deposit per room is required upon booking, with the exception of any special offers with amended conditions of sale.
The Hotel does charge a refundable deposit for the hire of items of sports and entertainment equipment to your room account. Upon the safe return of items provided to the Reception, the deposit will be refunded on your room account.
All special offers and late availability bookings will require full pre-payment at the time of the booking. The deposit is non-refundable, and non-transferable.
- All guests will be required to settle the full accommodation costs of their stay upon arrival at the Hotel. This includes reservations made where multiple rooms have been booked. This policy is effective for all reservations made from 22 November 2016.
- All other charges credited to a guest’s bill during their stay are required to be settled in full on the day of the guest’s departure.
- The Hotel reserves the right to place a pre-authorized amount on a credit or debit card at their discretion during the course of a guests stay.
Cancellations & Amendments
- Amendments to an existing booking are subject to availability.
- Cancellations made 0 – 72 hours prior to 3pm on the day of arrival will result in the full cost of the accommodation being charged per room booked.
- Cancellations made to a reservation guaranteed with a deposit between 3 – 7 days prior to arrival will result in the loss of deposit without exception. Cancellations made to a reservation, guaranteed with a deposit, 7 days prior to arrival will be refunded in full. If a stay is shortened for any reason up to 3 days prior to arrival or during your stay, the full accommodation costs will be charged without exception.
- Any guests that fail to arrive will be subject to the full accommodation cost being charged to the credit or debit card that the initial booking was guaranteed with.
Group Bookings Cancellations & Amendments
- We define a group booking as 15 or more total bed nights booked in two or more rooms. This includes reservations arranged, managed and paid by an individual or where a group of individuals have booked separate rooms with the intention of attending an organized holiday or private event.
- Group bookings will be subject to our group bookings cancellations and amendments policy.
- Cancellations made 15 – 28 days prior to the date of arrival will be subject to 50% charge of that individual room value.
- Cancellations made 0 – 14 days prior to the date of arrival will be subject to the full cost of the booking.
- All amendments are subject to availability. Any minor amendments made to individual rooms 0 – 28 days prior to the date of arrival may be subject to charges at the Hotel Management’s discretion.
- It is at the Hotel’s discretion whether any larger amendments made will be subject to the cancellation policy.
The hotel undertakes to supply the guest a room within a specific category, should this not be available a similar or superior standard of room will be supplied. A specific room number can be guaranteed with a £30 deposit which will be charged to your room account after check-in. Should this room become unavailable due to circumstances not in the hotel’s control, a similar or superior room will be provided and the £30 will not be charged. Complimentary upgrades are entirely at the hotels discretion, strictly subject to availability and only confirmed upon the guests arrival at the Hotel.
3rd Party Bookings
The hotel accepts limited liability for all reservations made through any website or agent not directly managed by the Hotel. Guests are reminded that their contract of stay is with the 3rd party provider, and any issues resulting from a reservation error must be addressed directly with the booking agent. The hotel always advises its guests to book directly to enjoy the best rates and customer service.
Children under the age of 16 may stay in their parent’s room, subject to a suitable room having been booked at the time of the reservation. A charge of £30 per child aged 4-16 years will be made, this is inclusive of an extra bed and breakfast, unless it is booked on a designated family room rate. Under 4’s may enjoy a complimentary breakfast, but a linen charge of £15 per bed or cot will be applied. It is solely at the hotels discretion to allow children under the age of 16 years old to occupy a room without an adult. There are no circumstances where children under the age of 12 may occupy a room without an adult occupying a room with them. We do not include children within our dinner inclusive rates and packages, all meal costs for children excluding breakfast are charged as taken.
Dogs are allowed to stay strictly at the discretion of the Hotels Management, and an additional charge per dog per day. The charge is £20.00 per dog per day. We allow a maximum of 2 dogs per room. The Hotel has designated a limited number of rooms as being dog friendly. We welcome well behaved dogs, but do ask that consideration is given to all of our other guests. We are mindful of animal welfare, and do not allow dogs to be left alone in guest bedrooms at any time. We do not allow pets in Beresfords Restaurant or the indoor Leisure facilities. Dogs are required to be on a lead at all times in the public areas of the Hotel including the corridors and grounds.
Threatening behaviour and abuse of staff
The Hotel has a zero-tolerance policy of any member of staff being verbally or physically threatened by any persons visiting the Hotel. The Hotels Management retain the right to consider each incident on an individual basis and to request any visitor to leave the premises at any time, and to call for assistance from the appropriate authorities.
A discretionary 10% service charge is applied to bills in Beresfords Restaurant. No other service charges are applied as we believe this should always be at the guest’s discretion. Please note that the Hotel does not retain any service charges, all monies are paid directly to the staff.
Guests are required to vacate their rooms by 11am on the day of departure. A late checkout can be requested prior to the morning of your departure, and is subject to availability. Late checkouts will be charged at £10 per hour to a maximum of 2pm, any departures after 2pm will be charged at the full additional night’s rate.
All rooms are normally available for occupation from 3pm. It is entirely at the Hotel’s Management discretion whether rooms can be occupied prior to the advertised arrival time. Whilst every effort is made to make rooms available for function and wedding guests before 3pm, operational requirements regularly do not allow the early occupation of rooms during busy periods. If you are anticipating a very early arrival, to guarantee your room will be available for immediate occupation we strongly advise booking the night prior to your date of arrival.
Damage and Mistreatment of Property
The customer shall be responsible for any and all damages caused to the allocated rooms or the furnishings, utensils, equipment and to any other property of the Hotel and/or its grounds – by an act, default or neglect of the customer. The guest accepts they shall pay the hotel on demand the amount required to make good or remedy the damage.
The Hotel strictly enforces Government no smoking legislation. It is an offence to smoke anywhere within the Hotel building. Guests will also be charged directly for any subsequent fines to the business due to failure to comply with legislation. A further charge, of up to and including a full night’s stay will also be charged to the guest.
Method of Payment
We accept all major credit cards and in accordance with current government legislation, do not levy any additional fees. We regret that cheque payments do need to be cleared by our bank prior to them being accepted as payment for hotel accounts
The Hotel is continually looking to upgrade and improve all of its facilities. This may result in certain facilities and amenities not being available. The Hotel reserves the right to carry out maintenance work without prior notice.
If the Hotel is prevented or hindered from carrying out its obligations here under by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including (without prejudice to the generality or foregoing) government intervention, strikes, labour disputes, accidents, Acts of God, national or local disasters or war, then the Hotel’s liability to the Client shall be no greater than the amount paid to the Hotel by the Client in respect of the accommodation. If for any reasons beyond the Hotel’s reasonable control the accommodation reserved cannot be made available to the Client the Hotel reserves the right to substitute similar or comparable accommodation and such a substitution shall be accepted by the Clients as satisfactory performance by the Hotel of its obligations hereunder to provide the accommodation reserved. Note – at peak times it may not be possible to book suitable alternative accommodation, under these circumstances the Hotel’s liability will be strictly limited to the return of the deposit or pre-payment made.